Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pillow Boxes

So I saw TONS of posts on Pinterest of these pillow boxes for Christmas.  So, of course, I wanna try!  The household begins saving up toilet paper rolls so we can experiment-Anthony was getting very tired of seeing these in piles everywhere.  Finally, I tried it out today.  Since it was my first time to make them, I truly went the easy route and didn't do anything fancy.  I used a small Christmas glittered paper pack that I picked up from Joann's.  It covered the rolls, with like 1/8" on each side.  I didn't trim this down or anything since the sides are going to be folded in anyways.  I applied my ATG on all 4 sides of the paper and then just started rolling it onto the roll.  I did press down from the inside through the rolling to make sure the paper was going to adhere. 

I didn't have a template for the folding in or anything.  I just pushed down one of the ends a little bit and it will automatically start folding itself in.  Once one side was done, I just did the other.  I applied some ATG on the ends just to make sure that they stayed in place, but after a couple of them I realized that the tape wasn't really needed.  I think this is because of the thick quality of the paper, so if you are using thin paper, it may be a good idea to use some tape to seal the edges. 

Once it is done, it has more of a curvature to the box, even if this pick looks like a flat fold.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  I went ahead and did them in various colors and wrote the names of my kids on each one to put in their Christmas goody bags.  They were just big enough to hold 2 mini Hersheys and 2 mini Reeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment