Sunday, June 30, 2013

Chevron Love

It's been several months since I have posted last, so I will try to spend the next couple of days playing catch up. One project I made a while back is one of my favorite since I have a current Chevron love and you know I have to share ;) this door decor is super cute and the best part is the ease and speed to make it. It took an hour from start to finish to make this hanging.

I started with the letter S-from Hobby Lobby-@ $3. I wanted to paint it red so that's why I started here-so it would have time to dry. I found some cute gray and off white chevron pattern fabric and a 16x20 canvas - both from HL. Hardest part was lining up the pattern on the canvas. I laid the canvas face down on the fabric and got out the trusty staple gun. I pulled the top and bottom tight and stapled them. After doing this, you will be able to fold and tuck the sides of the fabric to show a good clean edge before stapling the sides. I stapled a ribbon on the top-make sure you cut the ribbon according to how low or high you want it to hang in your location. The last part was gluing on the letter S. I used E6000 glue for this because it is virtually indestructible!! I positioned the letter where I wanted it and then I carefully flipped the whole canvas (while holding the letter in place) so that I could put some weight on the back to help it hold in place. I just used a heavy glass and out it in the center of the letter for the extra weight. I could have done this without flipping it all over,  but I was worried the extra weight might cause the fabric to slack and I wanted the letter to hang and still be taut.

That's it!! Super easy and went straight to my front door!

No comments:

Post a Comment